Falafels are generally made with only chana but in this recipe I have made some variations. Falafels are originally a traditional Middle Eastern recipe. Since I’ve made some changes in the recipe I’ve called it falafel cutlets. Hope you try it and enjoy it!
1. 1/2 cup chana soaked overnight and boiled and mashes
2. 1 potato boiled and mashed
3. 1/2 cup peas boiled
4. One onion chopped finely
5. 3 sprigs of coriander chopped
6. Salt to taste
7. 1 tsp cumin powder
8. Chilli powder- 1 tsp
9. Garam masala- 1/2 tsp
10. Bread crumbs
11. 1 egg white
1. Add all the ingredients except for the egg white and bread crumbs to a bowl and mix.
2. Separate into 12 equal parts and mould into a desired shape.
3. Dip each one into the egg white and dust with bread crumbs.
4. Deep dry until dark golden brown.
These cutlets taste amazing with ketchup or mint chutney ( recipe already posted).