Baby corn and tandoori chicken pizza is one of my favorite recipes of mine. This is just a basic topping. You can change the toppings as per your wish. For example pineapple and lamb pizza and so on. Do send in your suggestions for variations by commenting below. I also wanted to thank everyone for the likes and comments! BTW I’ve used store bought pizza base for this recipe as its less time consuming but will surely post a recipe for the base soon.
Ingredients and method
For the sauce:
3 onions- chopped
2 tomatoes- pureed
Oregano- 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
Soy sauce- 2 tsp
Tomato Ketchup- 1 tbsp
Water 1/2 cup
Oil- 1 tbsp
1. Add the oil to a sauce pan and saute the onions until translucent.
2. Add the ginger garlic paste and stir for 2 minutes or so.
3. Add the pureed tomatoes and stir fry until the raw smell of the tomatoes vanishes and the oil separates out.
4. Add the soy sauce and the ketchup and keep stirring for a minute or so.
5. Now add the water and bring to boil.
6. Now add the corn flour and stir for a minute and switch off the stove.
7. Sprinkle the oregano finally and mix well. keep aside.
For the cheese sauce:
1 tbsp self raising flour or maida
1 cup milk
1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp pepper
Dried basil- 1/2 tsp
1. In a pan add the butter and once it melts add the flour and stir for about a minute.
2. Now add the milk and dissolve the chunks that may form.
3. Add the cheese and stir until it melts. It becomes sticky and dry. At this stage add milk little by little until a thick consistency is reached. Switch off the stove.
4. Add salt, pepper and basil and keep aside.
For the toppings.
1. One capsicum or green bell pepper- thinly diced
Saute the capsicum with a tsp of oil and a pinch of sugar for 3 minutes. Adjust the salt and keep aside.
2. 6 baby corn thinly diced.
Add the baby corn to a pan and a cup of water. Keep on high until water evaporates. Add a tsp of oil and roast the boiled babycorn in the same pan. Switch of the stove. Adjust the salt and add half a tsp of chilli powder.
3. For the chicken:
Minced chicken one cup
Juice of one lemon
1 tsp chilli powder
Salt to taste
Ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
A pinch of turmeric powder
Cumin powder- 1 tsp
Curd- 2 tbsp
1. In a bowl add all the ingredients and refrigerate for half an hour.
2. In a pan bring 2 cups of water to boil.
3. Add the marinated chicken and stir until water evaporates.
4. Now add a tbsp of oil and roast for 5 minutes on high.
Now separate all the items into 4 equal parts and add the sauce first on the pizza followed by the cheese sauce and the toppings. Finally add some grated mozzarella cheese over it and bake for 15 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 degree Celsius.