Here is yet another healthy and yummy veg snack!…will soon be posting a non veg version of the same. Do try them and send in feedback. Follow my blog for daily updates!
1. Snake gourd- peeled, sliced into 3 inch cylinders and scooped.
2. Salt to taste
3. 1 potato- boiled and mashed
4. Handful of boiled peas
5. One onion- chopped
6. Ginger garlic paste- 2 tsp
7. Pepper to taste
8. Cumin powder- 1 tsp
9. Garam masala-1 tsp
10. Oil-2 tbsp+ for deep frying
11. Corn flour
1. Boil the snake gourd slices in 3 cups of water with salt and a tsp of sugar for 9-10 mins on simmer. By adding sugar the colour of the snake gourd can be retained.
2. In another saucepan add 2 tbsp of oil and fry the onions until golden brown.
3. Now add the ginger-garlic paste and saute until smell disappears.
4. Add the pepper, cumin powder, garam masala and stir for a minute or so.
5. Add the mashed potato and peas and required amount of salt and mix well.
6. Switch off the stove and squeeze a few drops of lemon.
7. Now stuff this into the snake gourd cylinders and dust its openings with corn flour to seal them as while deep frying the stuffing may seep out.
8. Deep fry the cylinders or shallow fry them.