I honestly do not know why I gave this cake such a longgggg name. But on the other hand I had to cause it has so many elements. The best part of this cake is that its extremely tasty and can be made in the nick of time. What stole the day was the glaze though. It was absolutely marvelous because it had this chocolatey caramel taste and had a chewy consistency. I at least want everyone to try out the glaze!!
Do share your suggestions and also comment, share and like!
1. flour- 2 cups
2. Oil ( sunflower or vegetable oil)- 1/2 cup
3. Powdered sugar- 2 cups
4. Vanilla extract- 1 1/2 tsp
5. Baking soda- 1/2 tsp
6. Baking powder- 1/2 tsp
7. Milk chocolate- 250g
8. 2tbsp flax seeds+ 1 tbsp water- blend them to a paste
9. Instant coffee decoction -1 cup
10. Yogurt or buttermilk (any one of it)-1/2 cup
11. Dried cranberries- a handful
1. Sift the flour and baking powder and baking soda.
2. Using a microwave safe bowl melt the milk chocolate.
3. Mix rest of the ingredients except the cranberries in another bowl. Now add the flour mixture and the melted chocolate. Beat well with an electric mixer. Mix in the cranberries.
4. Bake in a greased tray in a preheated oven at 180 degree Celsius until a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean. It may take around 20 minutes.
Ingredients for the glaze.
Dark chocolate – 125g
Sugar 1/2 cup
Unsalted butter 2 tbsp
Water- 1 tsp
1. Transfer the cake to a tray.
2. Melt the dark chocolate with 2 tbsps of butter.
3. In a sauce pan add the sugar and water and melt on simmer. When the sugar syrup turns golden add starts bubbling, switch off the stove immediately and add it to the chocolate without a seconds gap. If the syrup hardens before adding then heat it again.
4. Now pour this on top of the cake once it has coold down completely, covering it completely. Its sets really quickly so be careful and you also use a spoon to spread it out on the cake.
5. I used sunflower seeds to decorate it but its purely optional.