I think its been a while now since I posted a recipe. Only today did one of my entrance get over and the next one is scheduled for the 10th of May, so of course I made something today to treat myself( but its not like I am studying 24/7 XD). Anyways I just wanted to post something healthy today after all those fried stuff I posted. As you know moong dal or spilt green gram is really healthy and a good diet food. Potato is a good carbohydrate any day. It goes really well with rice or chapatti and a little lemon pickle to complement it.
BTW just wanted to let everyone know that from May 13th onwards I’ll be completely free and hence I want like food blog with a reason. I have a couple of ideas and if you all have some too plz do share it’ll be really helpful.
1. Moong dal or split green gram- 1/2 cup
2. 2 tomatoes
3. 1 onion- sliced
4. mustard seeds- 1 tsp
5. Curry leaves- 7
6. Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
7. Chopped garlic- 5 cloves
8. Chilli powder- 1/2 tsp
9. Coriander powder- 1 tbsp
10. 1 potato cut into cubes
11. 1 inch piece tamarind soaked in 1 cup warm water for half hour. Later strain and only the water and keep aside.
1. In a pressure cooker boil the tomatoes and dal for one whistle. Set aside.
2. In a kadai add 2 tbsp of oil and mustard, cumin, curry leaves, garlic. When a crackling sound is heard add the onions and stir fry until golden brown. Add a pinch of tumeric.
3. Mash the cooked gram and tomatoes and add to the onions and stir for 2 minutes.
4. Now add the chilli powder, coriander powder. Stir for a minute.
5. Add the potatoes. 2 cups of water+ tamarind water and salt. Cook until potatoes are cooked. Adjust the salt.