Author’s note: it’s been really long…so long that I can hardly remember the last time I made a post…the recipe challenge contest will resume from this week onwards. I’ve been so busy with travel and my internals that I completely ignored WordPress..plz do pardon me😂😂😂…I’m taking this recipe to Fiesta Friday ☺☺☺…also The 7 to 9 Chef is going to be on hold until December..Once my sem holidays start I’ll make a post once in 3 days and try to finish the chapters☺ WILL BE POSTING SOME SHORT STORIES IN THE MEANWHILE ☺☺
“Sir, in this novel you have stressed a lot on social issues..why is that?”
“Well I wouldn’t say that is even a question that has to be reasoned,” he laughs, “…because we deal with these issues each and every day. So I hence, realised everyone has to realise their responsibility towards the society, even a common man. Next person please,” says the man with at most confidence. His confidence is radiating from him, spreading throughout the room like fire. The journalists sitting in front of seemed to be pleased with his answers because they knew it would make great news.
After his first two books, Arjun had risen to fame. His new book, third in line, needless to say, is also doing remarkable. It wasn’t exactly a rags to riches story, but infact a geek to hero story. Having had the best of the education possible and his first book on the run for bestselling, he was blessed with a good family that cared about him.
His pride glowed in his eyes as he stood waiting for his six year old at the school gate.
“Daddy!” She grabs him by the waist and he kisses her on her forehead.
“Will you take me for an ice cream today?” She asks him with excitement bubbling on her face, as she waits for her father to open the car door for her.
“No ways! You want your mother to murder me, is it? Get in, will you now..” He laughs.
After a few minutes of driving.
“Daddy! Daddy!!!! Look..,” she points at something on the road with shock.
“No honey …Daddy has already told you it’s a NO for ice cream.”
“Not that Daddy! Look, that uncle is beating up that aunty!!” Tears well up in her eyes as she says this.
Arjun looks to see a vegetable vendor beating up a woman, most probably his wife. A young boy of his daughter’s age stands there crying. A couple of bystanders also watch, but they seem more interested in seeing her get beaten up rather than helping her. He nevertheless continues to drive.
“Save her Daddy…”
“I can’t honey..I am just a common man. Only the police can help her.”
“No, please stop him..” She cries.
“We can’t sweetheart. Period.”
She cries for a minute more and goes silent.
After some moments of silence she asks, “Why did he do it? I have never seen you do that to mommy..” she’s asks, with sadness.
He thinks for a moment which is a bit unusual for such a confident personality like him.
“He is not educated Sweety.”
“What does that mean?,” she asks.
“It means he has not had the opportunity to go to a good school like you and me..”
“So edusated people know what is wrong and correct, Daddy? ,She asks after a moment’s pause.
“Then why didn’t you stop him, Daddy……?”, she asks with her innocent sweet voice, filled with disappointment.
Will our Mr.Confident have an answer for this question…….?
1.Jeera sambha rice-2 cups soaked for 15 minutes
2.Onion half ringed-4
3.Mint leaves- 1 handful ground to coarse paste
4.Coriander leaves- 1 handful ground to coarse paste
5.2 green chillis- coarsely ground
6.Tomato 3 puréed
7.Ginger garlic paste freshly ground – 2 tbsp
8.Thick yogurt- 1/2 cup
9.spices- 1 Bay leaf, 1 star anise, 2 green cardamom, 2 cloves, 1/2 inch cinnamon
10.Fennel powder- 1 tsp
11.Chilli powder- 1 1/2 tsp
12.Coriander powder – 1 tsp
13.Cumin powder – 1 tsp
14. tumeric-1 pinch
15. ghee- 1 tbsp
16. Oil- 3 tbsp
17. Chicken- meduin sized pieces, with bones- 1/2 kg- marinated with 1 tbsp giner garlic, chilli powder, turmeric, salt
18. salt to taste
- In a kadai, add a tbsp oil and garam masala powder and a little cumin powder. After 1/2 a minute add the marinated chicken and roast the chicke. Then add a tsp of the coriander and mint past. Add 1/4 cup water and close with lid until chicken is cooked.
- In a mediun sized pressure cooker, add the ghee and roast the spices and fennel powder, followed by the onions and 3 tbsp oil. Stir until golden brown.
- Then add the the chilli paste and ginger-garlic paste. Cook until raw smell vanishes.
- Add the mint paste. Stir for a few seconds.
- Add the coriander paste. Stir fr a few seconds.
- Add the tomato puree, chilli powder, turmeric, cumin and coriander powder. Stir unitl the oil separates. add the yogurt
- Now add the cooked chicken with 4 cups of water. Add salt to taste excluding the salt added for the chicken during marination.
- When the water boils, add the rice. When water level reduces and the rice is slightly visible, with a few bubbles, close the cooker, place the weight, simmer for exactly 10 minutes. Turn off. Open once cooled. Please note, do not wait for any whistle.
- Grate one white of a boiled egg over it fr garnish.