It’s been such a long time!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I keep doing this always though, so I’ll just decently move on to the recipe..I wonder how many posts I missed…Please forgive me..
OMG ! These were utter delicacies. My aunts make these always. I never used to like it. But today when my mom was making pooris, I decided to try this with some of the dough! And wow! I never knew they tasted so good!…So here I am posting the recipe for you’ll.
1. 2 cups wheat flour
1. 1 cup grated fresh coconut( in case you don’t have and it isn’t available, use desiccated coconut)
3. 3/4 th cup sugar
1. Make a wheat dough by adding enough water to the wheat flour. Don’t make it too loose. The dough should be a bit tight but not too much.
2. Mix the coconut and sugar and keep aside.
3. Roll out and with a cookie cutter of about 4 inches in diameter, make impressions and get them out.
4. Add about 1 1/2 tsp of this filling. Join the edges to make a semicircular pattie. With a fork press the edges.
5. Deep fry these until a light golden brown on both sides in a kadai.