When I read the ingredients all I could think of was a smoothie or a salad. Then after a lot of brainstorming I decided to make stuffed chicken breasts with a twist!
I would like to thank Angie for hosting this challenge.
Also I recently added a new recipe for Stuffed potato fritters on my YouTube channel! Take a look at it and subscribe! Click here for the link😊😊.
The leafy greens I used was spring onions.
Off late I have been using greek yogurt in a lot of recipes. It has many benefits. It’s low in both carbohydrates and sugar content. Rich in protein and calcium.
I use only homemade greek yogurt.
Let’s move on to the recipe…
For greek yogurt:
- Curd- 100g
- Transfer the curd to a strainer.
- Set aside for 2-3 hrs.
For the filling:
- Greek yougurt
- Soy sauce- just a tsp
- chopped spring onions- 1/2 cup
- Dried Rosemary- 1/4 tsp
- Whisk the greek yogurt.
- Add rest of the ingredients. Mix well
For the chicken:
- 1 chicken breast- about 200-300g
- Chopped pineapple- 1/2 cup
- Make a clean slit through the middle but not fully, down the side of the chicken breast, such that you get two flaps.
2. Rub a little salt on all surfaces of the chicken breast.
3. Spread the filling on one of the flap.
4. Place the pineapple pieces over the filling and sprinkle some pepper.
5. Seal the filling by closing the other flap over the flap having the filling. Hold it in place using toothpicks.
6. In a pan heat some oil. And toss the chicken in. Get a good sear on both the sides. Approximately 3-4 min on high on each side.
7. Transfer the chicken onto a baking tray. Brush with oil. Remove the toothpicks. Bake in a preheated oven for 15 min on each side. Brush with necessary amount of oil while turning.
BTW take a look at my challenge for February. Click here for the link 😊😊.